The Mobile Farm Shop – An ideal way to get your produce and products to the end user
The Farm Shop trailer is a great opportunity to extend your business and offer an additional service to lots of potential customers. With shopping trends ever changing and people becoming much more aware of the benefits of a healthy lifestyle the demand for fresh produce is on the rise. Being able to offer a range of fresh produce will allow you to sell direct to the consumer and our trailer makes it easy for them to buy.
Sustainability is important to your customers. One environmentally friendly way of shopping is by reducing the amount of single-use plastic within the supply food chain, including packaging on the products. Consumers want to be able to put your produce into their own containers and only buy what they need (by weight), in turn this means they buy the amount they need, you help protect the planet by re-using your clients containers, and the BIG advantage with our trailer, is that you can offer this service on their doorstep, in their town or village.
The Farm Shop trailer opens all sorts of options for your business, whether you to choose to trade at events and trade shows, or perhaps you choose to visit more rural locations offering a ‘local village farm shop’ or door to door if its good enough for an ice cream van then its good enough for your produce! The opportunities are endless.
What type of business is the Farm Shop ideal for?
This style of unit is ideal if you:
- Want to take your product or service to your customer and increase their awareness of who you are and what you do
- Have a product or service that can be purchased there and then giving you an additional revenue stream using one of our trailers.
- Trade at shows or events to maximise the coverage your product or service receives
- Sell direct to the end user (alternative to trade sales) increasing the profit margin on each product sold
- Increase the space at your current premises to offer a shop area. This would be a perfect multi-purpose unit, giving you the opportunity to diversify your business and gain additional revenue from the people who already visit your business? – without having to consider lengthy planning applications and the cost of building an extension on you current premises.
How will the Farm Shop help you to maximise on the profit from your business?
- We will work with you to understand how your business model works and what size of trailer will work best for you.
- When needing to showcase your product or service, we will look at what you do currently and how we can help you implement this into your new trailer
- When we work with you to design your new trailer, our aim is to provide a solution which is practical for what you want it to deliver whilst being easy to manage and with little previous knowledge to set it up required
How we design and build your unit to make you the most money:
- We have to maximise the space available to be able to showcase what you want to achieve whilst allowing your potential customers the best experience.
- People buy with their eyes, it needs to be easy to get around and things displayed in a simple but attractive manner
- Cleanliness of your new farm shop is imperative and therefore we will make sure that it is easy to clean and manage so you have more time to sell your products – eliminating dirt traps where possible
Why choose a trailer over a vehicle conversion?
Remember, your new farm shop would be built to suit your needs. If that means a trailer or a vehicle conversion would suit you best, we will advise you accordingly. There are some key advantages as to why a trailer might suit this style of farm shop best:
- A trailer gives you the ability to carry more product / produce (when compared with a vehicle conversion) and ability to display it well so it sells – this is because you have a bigger payload on a trailer when compared for a like for like sized vehicle conversion that has the additional weight to factor in for things like the driver, the engine, fuel, cab, seats etc – all of that could be produce sitting on the shelf ready to be purchased
- A trailer will have a suitable tow vehicle (i.e. panel van) allowing the tow vehicle also to be filled with bulk purchase items so as they fly off the shelves of the trailer, you have additional stock in the van to display on the shelfs ready for the next village / customer to purchase
- A trailer will have a lower initial investment when compared with a vehicle conversion
- You could use the trailer as the ‘base’ and the tow vehicle as a delivery option to the surrounding area meaning you have a bigger pool of clients each time you stop and serve
- The tow vehicle can be used for other purposes even when the trailer is not being used – making the investment more cost efficient
- You can generally have a bigger space that you can work with when choosing the trailer option over a vehicle conversion option – this might mean you get an extra 3 or 4 products displayed, increasing the revenues of the business.
Driving licence considerations
You may need to check what driving license you currently hold. Our range of trailers may require you or one of your team to get a towing license (category E). If you passed your test before January 1997 this was an automatic entitlement and that will still apply. Contact us for more details.
Detailed technical specification of the Farm Shop
- The carrying capacity ranges from 2,900 kg up to 3,500 kg dependent on the size you choose and the equipment you need
- Sizes are available from 3.1 m (10’2″) to 6.7 m (22′) in length (internal body measurements)
- The standard width is 2.13 m (7′) upgradeable to 2.35 m (7’6″). These are internal measurements
- It has a proper heavy-duty jockey wheel to help stop this trailer landing on your foot (not all trailers have this, beware)
- The smaller trailers are on twin axles and the longer trailers can be on tri-axles. This means the trailers are very stable on the road and, god forbid, in the event of a tyre blowout, you still have other tyres to allow a controlled stop
- You benefit from our approved heavy-duty galvanised steel chassis which was designed for 10,000 kg loads – there’s no such thing as overengineered when it comes to your safety. If the chassis is too light is can do a good impersonation of a banana shape
- The walls and the roof are all 35 mm thick insulated fibreglass composite construction to provide maximum strength and durability for the whole unit. The industry standard ranges from 14 mm timber panels (not ideal when they get water in them and rot) through to around 20 mm thick. We think you could hold a party on the roof of one of your units and they will last a long time
- We fit all round exclusive ‘clip on’ anodised aluminium corner mouldings. It’s almost inevitable that you or one of your team will ‘knock’ the trailer, maybe on a fence or a post. Our corner moulding system allows these to be changed so you have the option to keep your trailer tidy. We use replaceable mouldings rather than unsightly screws and bolts on the trailer corner capping to give the unit its strength
- The wheel arch in-fill panels keep your trailer looking sleek with the added benefit that you can access and change the wheels in the event of a puncture with ease. Similar systems are bolted in place, you benefit from our quick release version
- All main doors and hatches come with 5-lever locks for added security and your peace of mind
- We use an 18mm phenolic chemical resistant floor with non-slip food safe flooring (colour of your choice)
- The 230-volt electrical mains pack comes complete with 2 x 4′ water resistant lights, 2 x 13-amp twin socket outlets, full protective devices and 10 metre extension cable
- The regulated hot and cold water system ensures you have safe water temperatures for your staff to operate without burning their hands whilst ensuring the water is hot enough to kill any potential bacteria in the system – if hand wash facilities are required
- Full NICEIC electrical installation certificate (valid for 12 months)
Comprehensive no quibble warranty – our warranty is simple. If it’s our fault, call us and we’ll put it right
Just give us a call now on 01536 202 944 and we’ll be happy to give you any advice and information you may need, or take you through our free design process so you get the right unit for your business.
Here’s what we promise we’ll do for you
The 4Sure 11 point Rock Solid Guarantee
(You’ll love No 11)
- If you’re not happy with your design when it’s finished, whatever you’ve paid at that time, just ask and we’ll refund it.
- Our products are always easy to operate, with no sharp edges or poor workmanship. If you don’t agree or you find sharp edges, we’ll fix what’s wrong for free.
- Our design process will always identify more money-making opportunities than you planned for.
- Your safety is our No 1 concern (actually it’s our No 1 concern only just ahead of you making profits from your unit). You’ll have every relevant safety certification when your unit is ready to leave our workshop.
- You’ll always benefit from talking to us, even if you don’t buy from us. We’ll always give you our best advice and we won’t be too salesy (but we don’t mind if you decide to buy).
- When we agree a completion date, it’s a drop-dead date.
- We never skimp on the quality of materials we use. Never.
- If you want your unit to be ready to go when it leaves our workshop, that’s what it will be, ready to go, straight to the pitch.
- Our support doesn’t end when you get your hands on your finished product. We’re there for any help, advice or guidance you need. Just call, we’ll help.
- You’ll realise we have to put a time limit on our guarantee against defects in parts or workmanship but we give you an industry leading no quibble full 2 years (we ask that you return the unit to our workshop)
- We always stand behind points 1 to 10, but here’s my personal guarantee, from Gary Wagstaff, owner of the business:
“If you order a catering unit from 4Sure and there’s anything you’re unhappy about, at any time, just call me and we’ll fix it.”